Thursday, June 9, 2011

April's Fury

On April 27, 2011 massive tornadoes ripped through Alabama. Bradley & I were shocked as we watched the EF5 destroy Tuscaloosa, our hometown of Pleasant Grove, and many other cities.
My parents went to PG that night to check on my 90 year old grandfather but the police weren't letting anybody in. I was a nervous wreck all night & couldn't sleep so I got up early the next morning & headed to PG. I was actually able to get in & went straight to my Papaw's house...thank the LORD he was okay and didn't have any damage!!! My brother, Blake, was able to sneak in too so he met me at Papaw's then we rode around to hand out water. We just couldn't believe what we were seeing...our hometown was unrecognizable!! There are no words to describe it!!! I was absolutely heartbroken & cried the whole way home. {I was so devastated that I didn't even think to take pictures}
*The path of the Tornado through Pleasant Grove!
On May 1, 2011 I headed back to PG with my parents to help some close friends go through what was left of their homes. Of course I couldn't do much being 32 weeks pregnant but I did what I could. 

*Bradley's old house*
Thank the LORD they were no longer living there. The residents survived by getting under the brick steps in the back but the house was demolished!
*Below are pictures taken throughout Pleasant Grove. 
You can see that the entire streets and/or subdivisions were just wiped out. 
*The black tangled up thing is a car!
*This is what was left of my Dad's best friends house.
*Mom & Dad helping go through the rubble.

No comments:

Post a Comment