Sunday, May 27, 2012

*Palm Springs, CA*


~October 13-17, 2011~
Bradley had another great year and earned this wonderful trip. Although I was extremely excited and we definitely both needed this vacation, I was also an emotional wreck the entire week before because we were leaving our 4 month old baby boy :( Grayson stayed with Bradley's parents the first half of the week & he stayed with my parents the last half. We decided to spend the night at Bradley's parents the night before since we had a really early flight {6:30am} and so we could kiss him goodbye. 
*Thursday*
Saying goodbye to my precious baby boy that morning was extremely hard! It was a very emotional day for me, I cried from the house to the airport then again on the plane as we were taking off...I was okay until we landed in Dallas & someone asked me how I was doing, I just broke down! But, once we landed in California I felt much better. It was hard to leave Grayson but he was in great hands with the grandparents! And this was great for Bradley & I to enjoy some quality time together!
Sweet baby was sound asleep when we left
We stayed at the Rancho Las Palmas Resort & Spa in Rancho Mirage, CA. It was so beautiful & the weather was great! There were two pools, a lazy river and water slides...we had way too much fun on these! They also had these beautiful seating areas with blazing blue-fire pits.
Right side view from our balcony
 Left side view from our balcony
The view from our front door
{the pool & the lazy river/water slides behind it}
As soon as we got to the room, we put on our swimsuits & headed to the pool. 
Then we went to dinner at Flemings with friends.
*Friday*
The ladies started the morning at the Spouses Breakfast on the terrace while the guys were in their meeting. Then I went to Temecula Valley Wine Country with some friends while Bradley played golf with the guys. 
Our view most of the way
 First stop...Keyways Vineyard & Winery!
Next stop...Monte De Oro! 
We had so much fun here listening to the live band that we lost track of time & had to hurry back for our dinner reservations. 
Get it girl!!!
 Richard the magician! 
 Bradley & I had dinner with The Warren's (from Texas) at Chop House. {I was in such a hurry to get ready that I forgot my camera :(} They surprised us with their exciting news...they are having a baby! We are so excited for them! Jarrod & Katie are such wonderful godly people and we are so blessed to have their friendship!  
After dinner, we went back to the resort to hang out with friends for about an hour then we headed to bed!
*Saturday*
Bradley & I went to breakfast then we had a Couples Massage. It was wonderful & so relaxing! 
 We spent the rest of the day at the pool. The guys spent most of their time sitting in the shade watching the football games. But first, we had to try the lazy river & water slides at the Splashtopia Water Park!
 Bradley being goofy!
Beautiful sunset from our balcony
 Drinks before dinner
 Dinner at Sam's Sushi
 Bradley was introduced to Planking (or "Plurping" as he called it). Thanks Christen!
 *Sunday*
 Bradley & I got up early and headed over to the El Paseo Shopping District (aka The "Rodeo Drive" of Palm Springs) for a little shopping and lunch at the Tommy Bahama Cafe. 
Then we met everyone at the pool for our last day of fun in the sun. We had a BLAST!!!
 Annual AL vs TX pool football game
 Love these ladies...we had so much fun! 
 One last time down the water slides
 Planking!
 The best waiter ever!
 Farewell Dinner! 
~Best Friends~
 *Monday*
Goodbye Palm Springs! Ready to head home!
 Alabama group! We have such an awesome Northwestern family! Thanks for another great trip!
We had so much fun, it was another great experience :) We both felt refreshed and so ready to get home to kiss our sweet baby Grayson! My mom took Grayson to our house to wait on us to get home. Of course, our second flight got delayed & we didn't get home until about 10:30pm so Grayson was sound asleep. I woke up early the next morning and just sat in the chair waiting for Grayson to wake up. He was so excited when I leaned over his crib & he heard my voice...it was priceless! Once I realized he didn't forget me and gave me that big beautiful smile I was glad we went. 

No comments:

Post a Comment